Your Acupuncture Business Plan
Starts With Know Thyself
**NEW!!** Get my new 35-page "Acupuncture Business Plan: How We Secured Funds
To Build the Acupuncture Practice of Our Dreams" - Click Here and check out FREE Bonus #5 - HINT: it's my business plan!
Before you write your acupuncture business plan, take time to develop a Business Pre-Plan. Understanding who you are may be the most important aspect of defining your acupuncture practice and determining your ultimate success. Why did you become an acupuncturist? Answering this question is an often overlooked essential aspect of a successful acupuncture business plan.
Knowing yourself allows you to identify what your strengths and weaknesses are so you can do two very important things:
- Build a practice that matches your individual strengths. This is the secret to being a happy acupuncturist.
- Learn tools to address your weaknesses. Then turn them into strengths and build a practice that matches your individual strengths.
Do you get the idea? You want your practice to highlight your gifts, talents, and interests.
As practitioners, we all have areas of weakness. It is important (and makes life far more entertaining) to address, accept, and eliminate these "deficiencies". (Read about the impact of my own deficiencies when I started my acupuncture practice.)
Who You Are Counts
What that means is, all your life experiences, including what led you to become an acupuncturist, make up who you are. The way you grew up, your culture, all the joyous and traumatic events in your life have combined to create a unique YOU.
One of the things I love about being an acupuncturist is that you get to bring all-of-you to the table, so to speak. It is easy and joyful to work with your patients when you are comfortable with your Self.
The alternative is to ignore or avoid the parts of you that seem too difficult to examine. In this line of work, that strategy will only last so long. Eventually, these hidden aspects of your Self will emerge.
If you approach it as an adventure, exploring your strengths and weaknesses can be a very fulfilling process.
Knowing your inner (often unconscious) motivations, beliefs, and fears will not only make you a happier person, but a far more effective and successful health care practitioner.
There are many methods and techniques to uncover "you". I am going to go over the best ones for acupuncturists (and heath care practitioners in general), to give you valuable information and resources. You will benefit in so many ways, including writing an acupuncture business plan centered around your strengths as a person, practitioner, and a business owner.
By all means, try one or all of these self-exploration techniques, and keep searching for other methods that resonate with you. This is an ongoing process that you can do throughout your training, practice, and beyond. By opening yourself to these forms of self-discovery and healing, your professional acupuncture business plan will be written with much more clarity.
The very Best Methods to Know Yourself include:
- Counseling: Practitioner-focused counseling is a must to create healthy boundaries with your patients, reveal unconscious wounds, and examine your own "triggers". You will encounter many patients who are in need of counseling. By receiving counseling yourself, you will be able to experience the benefits and at the same time become a credible resource in order to refer your patients.
- NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming): Every health care practitioner on the planet should learn "NLP" because words can heal, and unfortunately words can harm. Become aware of the words you choose and learn how to discuss important information in a healing way.
- Bert Hellinger's Family Constellations: You absolutely MUST explore this incredible method of examining & healing unconscious entanglements which affect entire families, often for generations. The work does not require any family members to participate other that yourself.
- Colorpuncture™, Color Light Therapy: Light is referred to as the medicine of the future. Esogetic Colorpuncture™ combines the principles of Chinese Medicine with the physics of colored light to stimulate physical, psychological, emotional, and spiritual shifts in awareness. It is a great technique for acupuncturists (to experience and learn) as it uses colored light on the acupuncture points instead of needles.
- BodyTalk™ System: Developed by an Australian acupuncturist, this powerful system "asks" the body what the essential order of healing is. The "priority" is then addressed in a gentle, non-invasive, deeply effective way.
There are of course many other methods to help you access the deeper parts of your Self. These are the best methods I know of to help you as a practitioner, so that you approach each patient with clarity, healthy boundaries, and without judgment.
Write Your Acupuncture Business Plan
Your Acupuncture Practice Blueprint
Return to the Top of Your Acupuncture Business Plan